Skip to main content

Happy High Heel 4th!

So before I head out for a fun little 4th of July weekend in my sweet hometown, filled with hot summer nights, fireworks and champagne...I wanted to leave you all with a few RED, WHITE, & BLUE lovelies! It's my civic duty to do just that, isn't it?! Well, I'm 99% sure that girls all over this free land will be tossing on sassy sandals, wedges and heels to celebrate firework-filled BBQs and fun family celebrations. To inspire the red, white, & blue-wear I wanted to show ya these delicious patriotic kicks:

I'm majorly crushing on TOMS shoes right now (as you can see from one of my last posts and the 'Aira' Cordones). Well that crush continues with TOMS 'Calypso' wedge and the summery, candy-striped style that it boasts. This canvas peep-toe wedge is a comfy 3 1/2" high, and perfectly paired with your summa'time wardrobe. Plus, with every pair of shoes purchased, TOMS gives a new pair of shoes to a child in need (more TOMS info here).

It's just plain inevitable that I feature Jessica Simpson shoes--that girl has one of the cutest shoe lines my eyes have ever feasted on! For example, stop right now what you're doing and take a look at the Jessica Simpson 'Gaie' wedge. One great espadrille-style wedge with the cute jute detail all around a 4" heel...what more could ya want?!

Bettye Muller's 'Menu' wedge is another hot espadrille-inspired shoozie, wrapped up in raffia and tied with a bow! An easy-to-wear 2 1/2" wedge has a 100% satin upper and a sweet little silver buckle to close it all up and send you on your firecracker way! I don't know about you, but somehow it sweetens the deal that these Bettye Mullers are made in Spain (romantic, huh?)! You may not be heading to Espania for your holiday, but you can walk like a bonita in these wedges just the same!

Ok ok ok, BONUS blue shoe, because I'm wildly into blue shoes of all shades right now. Chinese Laundry's 'Keep Up' pump in gorgeous royal blue has stolen my high-heel heart! Ladies, I've seen these with my own two eyes (not just online) and trust me: they are stunning. Well worth your hard-earned dough they're ready to accompany you to any weekend event this summer (and can be a solid pump for spring too!). Saweeeet!
Hope you all have fun plans for the big-bang 4th of July weekend! Celebrate with some all-American fun and some fabulous heels to sweeten the deal!

xoxo,
holly in heels

P.S. Ohhh, and have you entered my giveaway yet??

Comments

  1. cute bbq options! have a great weekend!

    http://socalfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wedges for a barbecue! So cute. I'm crushing on the TOMS ones!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Toms wedge appeals to me quite a bit more than their original style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to find out everywhere how Toms shoes fit. Do you know? I'm a 7 or 7.5 depending on if shoes run small or large. WANT those wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WANT. THOSE. BLUE. HEELS. Ahh! :D




    www.iamcoloring.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was thinking about geting those Tom's wedges to wear when I shoot summer weddings. Seems like a good option but I have yet to try them on in the store. just want to make sure they are comfortable since I am usually on my feet for 8 hours during the wedding day.

    I'm really loving the jessica simpson wedges!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, perfect for the 4th!
    I'm a rosebud too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWesome picks!
    Happy 4th of July!

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the love, ladies! I'm SUCH a fan of the red, white and blue shoes! Kristen: I don't own any TOMS (yet) but have heard they run true to size. I allllways have the same problem--am between a 7.5 & 8 but in these I'd order a 7.5. Plus, I'm thinking they might give/stretch a bit since they're canvas. Hope that helps! Treat yourself! :)
    xoxo, holly in heels

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stripped ones and the ones with the bow!!

    Daisy Dayz Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice shoes!!

    http://mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello fellow rosebud! <3 i LOVE your blog and am a new follower now! those toms and those jessica shoes, i MUST HAVE!!! xo, sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Holly, I am now sucked into those adorable Jessica Simpson 'Gaie' wedge's Yes... I think I am going to splurge :) And yes the 4th was definitely spent in some heels ;)

    Have a great week ahead as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did not know TOMS made cute shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go on, leave some shoe-love!
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe closet love.

I will be the first to stand up and admit that I have a fabulous husband. Not only is he smart, funny, creative and patient, but he's pretty darned hot too! I still consider us newlyweds (and probably will for quite some time), because we're always doing thoroughly silly stuff for one another--keepin' things fresh, fun and surprising, ya know? Here's one of my fave pics of us, taken a few years ago during our engagement photoshoot. Good times. That being said, I was still simply breath-taken when I came home from a way-too-long day of work and found that my sweet beau had used his furlough day (yes, it's not just a vicious rumor that we have those all over the place in the state of CA) to transform our hall coat closet into none other than a shoe closet . You heard me right... shoe closet = every girl's dream, ya? We don't really use our hall coat closet anyway, living in such a warm southern California city, so I was thrilled to actually put this space to

Long time, no type.

You guys. Has it seriously been a full YEAR since I've typed up a blog post on here? That is both depressing and encouraging. Depressing--because I feel like I have forgotten about my first "child" my Holly in Heels blog. Encouraging--because it means that I have been suuuper busy with other fun and creative projects, like my continued PR and media copywriting, contributions to Coyote + Oak magazine out of San Luis Obispo, as well as Locale Magazine 's newest San Francisco addition. I have to admit that while these other (paying) jobs keep me busy and on my toes, I do stop and think about my former life as a fashion and lifestyle blogger, and how I miss the creative outlet. To be able to write about whatever topic I choose is certainly a gift. Writing is also therapeutic for me--this blog is like a friend. Like the kind you can call up anytime, talk about the deep stuff and then mention this new conditioner you tried...and then switch back to the meaning of lif

Lazy days

It's the end of the week, I'm slowly unpacking from my week-long vacation to my hometown and family, and utterly enjoying my last few days off. Not only have I managed to eat 3 large meals a day everyday this last week, but I also have developed a terrible addiction to words with friends on my iPhone. Help me! Ahhh, but it's days like this that I just wanna curl up with a good book + some of my favorite high heels for fashion inspiration... xoxo, holly in heels