Skip to main content

Platform Pretty


Did anyone else (above the age of 18) watch the series finale of The Hills last night? I sure did! Went to Taco Tuesday with my main man and afterward, he generously let me curl up on the couch and hog the tube for a few hours of my MTV-junkfood. I have to say, it is the end of an era (an era of reality tv my blood pressure & I can surely do without), and it was indeed an interesting ending! Well on The Hills Aftershow the lovely L.A. ladies were all proudly sportin' their best platforms and it got me all MTV-inspired to do a little post-show write up...



Some of you may know after looking at one of my recent posts that I most def have a sick obsession with these Jessica Simpson 'Waleo' Pumps. I keep thinking about them...keeping the last tab on my Firefox browser open on them...I think I'll soon have to breakdown and hit 'add to bag'! I'm feelin' the nude leather color right now--a color bound to make my 5'4"-frame look a tad longer. Not to mention this 5" heel and 1 1/4" platform might help! Haha, ya think?
Comin' in a close 2nd to the JS 'Waleo's is this curvy Steve Madden 'Caryssa' Platform Pump--measuring at that same heel & platform height, but with a slightly more rounded toe. I'd say this is more of an "LC" (aka Lauren Conrad) shoe, wouldn't you?! Classic & soft but still a big edgy.
Speakin' of Lauren's...feast your eyes on these incredible Lauren Jones 'Vicki' Open Toe Pumps! Shimmery & satin all the way up to the peep-toe front, these double-mint platform stilettos make heads spin! With a 5 1/4" heel and a lofty 1 1/2" platform, you best be on your good behavior in these or you'll take a big (yet stylish) spill! But hey, a little tilting risk is nothing compared to how good you'll look!

Standing at a manageable 4 3/4" heel with a 1" platform,
BCBG's 'Estrella' Platforms are true Whitney Port style--unpredictably fresh & fashion forward. Brightly colored leather, stitched up and given sharp cutout detail...I'm wow'd. I can just picture myself in these cool summer pumps for the entire month of July (or what's left of it!). Hot hot hot.
...now all we have to do is find out which platforms Brody would like best, hmmmm!

xoxo,
holly in heels

Comments

  1. Yes and what she didn't mention is how she generously let me blow stuff up on Call of Duty Modern Warfare for an hour after the Hills as she wrote this amazing write up... we all relax in our own ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these shoes, I wish I was 5'4" so I could wear them!! I'm 5'7 and my Fiance is 5'9 so the super high heels don't happen too often anymore but I can still drool over them! and you man is too cute with his comment up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched it :) Love those Jessica Simpson's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i lovee heels by jessica simpson and steve madden. both of those nude pumps are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss the Hills already...GREAT shoes Holly! luv luv

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those Steve Madden pumps -- so cute!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all! Sort of sad the Hills is over but it was time... I just wish there was something equally great to take its place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg the hills finale was ridiculous! haha
    i LOVE the pink ones!


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched the finale! Of course, I liked the show much better when Lauren was around. She's my favorite. :)

    Love those Steve Maddens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also loving the nude shoes these days. You may think at 5'4" your not tall but I would love to be that TALL(I'm 5'1 3/4")! ^_^ I like the Steve Madden best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. im lovin the nude pumps! And I really do need to add pumps to my shoe collection ;)

    xoxo anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha, I watched a re-run of it. Honestly, I really don't like a single person on that show, but for some reason I *have* to watch it, lol!!

    Great shoes, makes me want to get all dolled up.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the first pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a Steve Madden gal, myself! But how could you not LOVE all of these! I love platforms...I just love platforms so much...:)


    chloe ** http://flowerponychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the LC pair. I'm a Steve Madden fan, although his/her (is there really a Steve Madden?) shoes are not comfortable after about an hour.

    Come on down and check me out at:
    http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go on, leave some shoe-love!
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe closet love.

I will be the first to stand up and admit that I have a fabulous husband. Not only is he smart, funny, creative and patient, but he's pretty darned hot too! I still consider us newlyweds (and probably will for quite some time), because we're always doing thoroughly silly stuff for one another--keepin' things fresh, fun and surprising, ya know? Here's one of my fave pics of us, taken a few years ago during our engagement photoshoot. Good times. That being said, I was still simply breath-taken when I came home from a way-too-long day of work and found that my sweet beau had used his furlough day (yes, it's not just a vicious rumor that we have those all over the place in the state of CA) to transform our hall coat closet into none other than a shoe closet . You heard me right... shoe closet = every girl's dream, ya? We don't really use our hall coat closet anyway, living in such a warm southern California city, so I was thrilled to actually put this space to

Long time, no type.

You guys. Has it seriously been a full YEAR since I've typed up a blog post on here? That is both depressing and encouraging. Depressing--because I feel like I have forgotten about my first "child" my Holly in Heels blog. Encouraging--because it means that I have been suuuper busy with other fun and creative projects, like my continued PR and media copywriting, contributions to Coyote + Oak magazine out of San Luis Obispo, as well as Locale Magazine 's newest San Francisco addition. I have to admit that while these other (paying) jobs keep me busy and on my toes, I do stop and think about my former life as a fashion and lifestyle blogger, and how I miss the creative outlet. To be able to write about whatever topic I choose is certainly a gift. Writing is also therapeutic for me--this blog is like a friend. Like the kind you can call up anytime, talk about the deep stuff and then mention this new conditioner you tried...and then switch back to the meaning of lif

Lazy days

It's the end of the week, I'm slowly unpacking from my week-long vacation to my hometown and family, and utterly enjoying my last few days off. Not only have I managed to eat 3 large meals a day everyday this last week, but I also have developed a terrible addiction to words with friends on my iPhone. Help me! Ahhh, but it's days like this that I just wanna curl up with a good book + some of my favorite high heels for fashion inspiration... xoxo, holly in heels