Skip to main content

The essentials.

As many of you know, I had a baby about 5 months ago (hip hip hooray!). Hard to believe that just a few short months ago my bod looked something like THIS:

(whoa there, stripes!)

Well, now I have this darling little thing (equipped with her own mini shoe closet,  of course!)...

...and life is now never the same! My lil' bud and I have a really good time together - and she's growing like a little weed!

But wanna know what else isn't the same? My bod. Yeaaaah, surprise surprise. I have to say that the baby weight has come off of me quicker than expected, but I'm left with a completely different shape (or lack thereof!). As I sift through my giant closet full of clothes that I've acquired over time, I'm finding some materials aren't so great on m now, I need a different cut top, and my skinny denims can't get skinny enough in some parts (if ya know what I mean ;))

Needless to say, it's time for a shopping trip! And when I wrote down my "essentials" in purchasing some new staple threads, I thought I'd blog about them to share with some of you new mamas (or soon to be ones too!). Here's what my brain came up with:


What do you think, lovelies? Is this what would make your essentials list if you were starting all over again, little-by-little? All I can say is, thank goodness my shoes fit me! Judging by my shoe closet, that would be a painful [costly] one to rebuild. We will see where this next shopping trip takes me, excited to show you some new closet essentials!

xoxo,
holly in heels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe closet love.

I will be the first to stand up and admit that I have a fabulous husband. Not only is he smart, funny, creative and patient, but he's pretty darned hot too! I still consider us newlyweds (and probably will for quite some time), because we're always doing thoroughly silly stuff for one another--keepin' things fresh, fun and surprising, ya know? Here's one of my fave pics of us, taken a few years ago during our engagement photoshoot. Good times. That being said, I was still simply breath-taken when I came home from a way-too-long day of work and found that my sweet beau had used his furlough day (yes, it's not just a vicious rumor that we have those all over the place in the state of CA) to transform our hall coat closet into none other than a shoe closet . You heard me right... shoe closet = every girl's dream, ya? We don't really use our hall coat closet anyway, living in such a warm southern California city, so I was thrilled to actually put this space to

Long time, no type.

You guys. Has it seriously been a full YEAR since I've typed up a blog post on here? That is both depressing and encouraging. Depressing--because I feel like I have forgotten about my first "child" my Holly in Heels blog. Encouraging--because it means that I have been suuuper busy with other fun and creative projects, like my continued PR and media copywriting, contributions to Coyote + Oak magazine out of San Luis Obispo, as well as Locale Magazine 's newest San Francisco addition. I have to admit that while these other (paying) jobs keep me busy and on my toes, I do stop and think about my former life as a fashion and lifestyle blogger, and how I miss the creative outlet. To be able to write about whatever topic I choose is certainly a gift. Writing is also therapeutic for me--this blog is like a friend. Like the kind you can call up anytime, talk about the deep stuff and then mention this new conditioner you tried...and then switch back to the meaning of lif

Pour la GIVEAWAY!

I'm a sucker for free stuff. Who isn't? Especially when it's SHOES. Anyone with me?...ya, pretty sure ya are. Well, I'm jumpin' for joy as I write this post, because Miss Holly in Heels herself has been asked to partner up with a super-fabulous shoe company called Pour La Victoire . Maybe you've heard of 'em? If you haven't heard of the lovely PLV's then listen up--because this shoe co. is one hot commodity! You can find Pour La Victoire's at top-notch retailers like Piperlime , Nordies , Zappos , Bloomies and Saks , and known for their chic and classic style in high-high-heel makin' and designin'. Pour La Victoire's 'victorious' fashions are not only known as the “next big thing” but have also skyrocketed in popularity among socialites, and celebs. High-fashion fans like Anne Hathaway, Rachel Weisz and Alexa Chung have made public appearances sporting their fave PLV heels, boots and sandals. I'm talking $100+ shoes an