Skip to main content

City girl

Sometimes I wish I lived in the city. Not the kinda city that makes it one because it has mounds of traffic and plastic surgery (because that's the sorta place I live NOW, actually)...but rather, a place where you can get away with wearing just about anything at any time of day, and where ladies dress in formal attire when attending a show or even a steak dinner. Fashion forward sorta atmosphere, ya know?! There are very few occasions in my southern-cali-life where I can get away with satin heels or Badgley Mischka. But today, I'm livin' the dream and being tempted to purchase some city girl shoes!

MIU MIU has a sweet little sale spinning around right now, and a few of their gorgeous creations caught my eye! One being this pump from their YOOX Collection for Fall-Winter. The suede, geometric design is simply statement-making, and the scalloped backing is like no other pump! If only I was a size 10 (if you are, snag this only size left!)!

Elizabeth and James can do no wrong in my eyes. Nope, I'm not talking about two sweet cousins of mine, I'm talkin' about the co-designed brand belonging to former Full House-ers Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen! These peep-toe E & J 'Lilly' boots fit well into their signature collection of feminine + masculine threads. 100% stretch satin, and laced up the back of that 4" heel...oh mama, you're gonna turn Uncle Jesse heads!

Ummm, pretty sure I saved my best for last: Badgley Mischka has done it again, and takes the cake with their 'Olaf' ankle boot. The mesh lace & leather upper combined with a true satin ribbon to finish, makes this peep-toe creation your winter go-to shoe! Perfect for my holiday parties & New Years celebrations...don'tcha think?!

Do YOU wish you were a city girl too?

xoxo,
holly in heels
P.S. Only a few more days to ENTER MY GIVEAWAY! Get on it, sista!

Comments

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean ... I wanna live in a place where Uggs and Juicy track suits ARE NOT the height of style and where $200 jeans and miles of cleavage hanging out of a sparkly low cut top isn't considered "dressed up".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, those Elizabeth and James booties are to DIE for!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur my vision board has my final ( well,not final final lol )destination either Paris ( France not Texas ) or Manhattan. Milan or London are acceptable :) Love the harlequin Miu Miu heels but not anywhere near a 10 :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. these styles on your post are totally my favorite,xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeep!!! I love the last two pairs. Super sweet and sexy too. I definitely wish I lived in a more "city-like" atmosphere. I get "stares" when I have anything over 3" high on. LOL. It doesn't bother me though.. I dress the way I feel, even though I live in such a causal town. :)

    How are you doing babe? Hope all is well!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I assure you I am not a "stylish sweetheart", but I wanted to say I LOVE THE NEW LOOK! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go on, leave some shoe-love!
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe closet love.

I will be the first to stand up and admit that I have a fabulous husband. Not only is he smart, funny, creative and patient, but he's pretty darned hot too! I still consider us newlyweds (and probably will for quite some time), because we're always doing thoroughly silly stuff for one another--keepin' things fresh, fun and surprising, ya know? Here's one of my fave pics of us, taken a few years ago during our engagement photoshoot. Good times. That being said, I was still simply breath-taken when I came home from a way-too-long day of work and found that my sweet beau had used his furlough day (yes, it's not just a vicious rumor that we have those all over the place in the state of CA) to transform our hall coat closet into none other than a shoe closet . You heard me right... shoe closet = every girl's dream, ya? We don't really use our hall coat closet anyway, living in such a warm southern California city, so I was thrilled to actually put this space to

Long time, no type.

You guys. Has it seriously been a full YEAR since I've typed up a blog post on here? That is both depressing and encouraging. Depressing--because I feel like I have forgotten about my first "child" my Holly in Heels blog. Encouraging--because it means that I have been suuuper busy with other fun and creative projects, like my continued PR and media copywriting, contributions to Coyote + Oak magazine out of San Luis Obispo, as well as Locale Magazine 's newest San Francisco addition. I have to admit that while these other (paying) jobs keep me busy and on my toes, I do stop and think about my former life as a fashion and lifestyle blogger, and how I miss the creative outlet. To be able to write about whatever topic I choose is certainly a gift. Writing is also therapeutic for me--this blog is like a friend. Like the kind you can call up anytime, talk about the deep stuff and then mention this new conditioner you tried...and then switch back to the meaning of lif

Lazy days

It's the end of the week, I'm slowly unpacking from my week-long vacation to my hometown and family, and utterly enjoying my last few days off. Not only have I managed to eat 3 large meals a day everyday this last week, but I also have developed a terrible addiction to words with friends on my iPhone. Help me! Ahhh, but it's days like this that I just wanna curl up with a good book + some of my favorite high heels for fashion inspiration... xoxo, holly in heels