5.10.2011

Think outside the box, man.

Lately, I've been gettin' a bit more adventurous with my shoe choices. Now don't get me wrong, I do follow the latest and greatest trends and stay super-duper plugged into what's in the stores and on the runway, but once in a while I like to stray from the norm, the predictable, the everyone's-wearin'-it, and get my hands on (and my feet into!) somethin' different. I like to think outside the box, man. And I'm sharing my top 2 choices with you--yep, you're just thaaaat special.

First up to bat is this lovely, amazing, chic, flowery, retro 'Exclusive Delight' sandal by Poetic License. I will dish the dirt to you that this is the bridesmaid shoe of my choice for an upcoming wedding I am in (yes, my sweet soon-to-be sis in law allowed us to pick out our own shoes!). The minute the lemon-y yellow caught my eye while browsing in Nordstrom the other day, I had to have these puppies. These have just the right amount of color pop that I'm always lookin' for, without being too gaudy, sparkly or bright. Love!

Going a little more on the neutral side of the street, I found these gorgeous Plenty by Tracy Reese 'Zora' sandals--fit for a queen (or maybe they just remind me of Kate Middleton style somehow). Either way, I'm smitten. An almost 4-inch heel gives that little lift this spring is callin' for, and the nude leather color lengthens the look of your hot-hot legs! The unpredictable zipper up the back heel seals you in tight (but not too tight!), and I especially love the tassel detail on this sandal--so preppy and classic chic.

Have you thought outside the box this week? I'm curious! If you have, tell me what fashions you've tried on for size...

xoxo,
holly in heels

4 comments:

  1. Love the Tracy Reese ones -- so pretty!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choices :-) They are refreshingly pretty, and not just different "because".

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave some shoe-love!
xoxo